Ground Control System
NEANY has been in the business of designing and fabricating custom, mission-specific shelters for nearly ten years. Our shelters are being used around the world for UAV operations as well as for remote monitoring and communications. NEANY personnel often deploy as operators along with our shelters, which provides us with an excellent feedback loop that we use in new designs and follow on efforts. We have also gained valuable knowledge from our deployed personnel on how operations personnel conduct their daily business and what is needed. From a human factor standpoint, this information is invaluable when designing the layout of shelters that will be used in the field.
NEANY designs, fabricates, and integrates ground control systems used for UAS command and control, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), drug enforcement, mapping and change detection, and remote operations. Our shelters are deployed to harsh environments throughout the world. Our niche is providing quality, turnkey shelters for rapid deployments in support of quick reaction efforts. NEANY maintains an inventory of S-280, NATO, and custom shelters and we have an excellent relationship with several shelter manufacturers, allowing us to provide quick-turn, mission-specific shelters to our customers.
NEANY performs all the design, fabrication, electrical, and integration work for shelters. This includes the following:
- Design and fabrication of workspace areas
- Design and fabrication of overhead racks
- Design and fabrication of ducting for environmental controls
- Thermal analysis
- Power analysis and budgeting
- Electrical layout and installation
- Selection and installation of computers, peripherals, and interconnects
- Sizing and installation of backup power supplies
- Sizing and installation of environmental control units (ECUs)
Each shelter NEANY builds goes through several stages that we have streamlined into repeatable processes. First we identify and source equipment to determine long lead items. Once the equipment is identified and approved, we begin designing the workspace areas. After the workspace design is accepted, the fabrication and procurement process is started.
Pre-Staging, Integration, & Burn-in Testing
As equipment is received, it is installed in a pre-staging area where it is tested. This pre-staging process allows us to identify failed components and interconnection issues early and prior to installation into the shelter. Following the pre-staging effort, components are integrated into the shelter and burn-in testing is performed. The burn-in period is also used to perform end-to-end testing of all the systems.
Delivery & Transport
After successful testing, our shelters are delivered to the customer with a complete set of as-built drawings and supporting documentation. NEANY also helps with the transportation, palletization, and loading of equipment onto ground and air transport vehicles. NEANY shelters are built so they can be transported using military aircraft such as C-130s and C-5s. Our units are transported using air and ground to destinations around the world. Our designs are based on S-250s, S- 280s, and NATO Threat Level III enclosures.
NEANY has an excellent relationship with the manufacturers of these enclosures and is currently working with other suppliers to ensure we can provide shelters with reasonable lead times. In fact, our agreements with these distributors allow us to maintain a small inventory of shelters, providing us with a competitive edge and an ability to respond to customers with aggressive timelines.
- 12 feet S-280 or 16 feet ISO
- EMI/HEMP shielding
- Operator and mission payload operator terminals
- Mission planning consoles
- Modular designs based on COTS components can be reconfigured for use with any UAS including current options for TigerShark, CopperHead, Aerosonde, and BuckEye-Arrow
- Accommodations for integrated security systems (surveillance and ingress protection)
- Reinforced roof for antennae mounting
- Air-transport capable
- Trailer mounted for mobile applications
- Auxiliary back-up power (generator, solar, etc.)
- Vibration isolation for mission critical equipment, and environmental control systems
- Fire suppression
- Side access steps or rear mount ladder for roof access
- Unique exterior graphics
- Power available for payload: 800 Watts @ 24 Volts Direct Current and 800 Watts @ 12 Volts Direct Current